The Day After

Filed Under ( , , ) by Joe Somebody on Friday, February 18, 2011

I woke up today stairing at the ceiling of my apartment. Got up and went to the bathroom. As I was brushing my teeth it hit. Tomorrow i'll be moving into my new home. A house that I can call mine. I just kind of paused in the mirror thinking about that. Today is a good day.

Finished eating breakfast and started looking around the apartment. I still have some packing that I need to get done before Saturday. I have my buddies coming over to help me move and one is bringing a box truck.

When I first planned on moving. I called up my buddy and told him how I was renting a truck. Told him if I can get three people together, the move could be done in 2 hours (I dont have much). He asked how much the truck was. Its $45+Miles if less than 3 hours or 69+Miles if it takes longer. It was a long silence. "Hello?" I said. "Yeah...Tell you what..Buy me a 30 pack and i'll borrow the 16 foot box truck from work." Now thats a deal. Also a good friend. What he doesnt know is that I picked up two 30 packs. He did have one stipulation. "Have your stuff packed. Were movers, not packers."

I will spend most of the night making sure I have everything packed. I will also mark what I plan to throw away. No reason to pack what you dont need or want anyway.

I know work today will feel very long. All I will be thinking about is my home. I want to get settled in as soon as possible. I still need to meet my neigbors. Hopefully they are cool.

I also have to take time this weekend to figure out what I am going to do about a refrigerator. Thanks for all the recommendations. I will let you all know what I choose.

I have access to my fridge at the apartment tell the end of the month. After that I will be done with it and them. Which also reminds me. I need to get this place spotless so I can get my deposit back from them. They better not screw me on something either. I could use that money towards appliances.

Comments:

41 Responses to “The Day After”

  1. Woot! Grats on the new pit, dude. Also, I'm sure your buddy will be stoked on the 30 packs. Drink up!

  2. Grats mang, and watch out for the deposit i know ppl like to rip u off when u try to get it.

  3. your gunna be skint for ages. lol

  4. Well sometimes neighbours can be very creepy!

  5. You're going good man. Good luck!

  6. Congratulations! Let us all know how the move goes once you're settled in :)

  7. Congrats on finding a house.

  8. sounds good! enjoy your new house!

  9. good luck with them on the deposit, they totally ****ed me on mine. they had to "wash the ceiling" etc. I uh, never touched the ceiling or smoked...

  10. you have a good friend haha

  11. I fucking hate people who dont pack anything ... I've gone to help people move who expected me to basicly do everything for them

  12. hurrah, beer! good luck with the move.

  13. Man I can't wait to move out. I hope you enjoy your new home!

  14. dude I feel for you man!

  15. I gotta move out soon. Not looking forward to the pack ugh.

  16. It's great to have helpful friends!

  17. Congratz man, hope you love your new house

  18. haha get packin!

  19. Very cool, you must be very excited. Keep us posted, and good luck!

  20. For your deposit, arrange to do a walk around WITH THEM. Don't let them screw you. If you just walk away, they will.

    Look in your leasing agreement for 'wear and tear' clauses. If they say the carpet needs replacing, or the walls need painting, you may not have to pay for it. But they still may try to make you...

  21. Nice. I hope you enjoy your new house.

  22. grats on the house, enjoy the few moments you have until you have to start fixing shit

  23. :D

    Good luck with moving :) Your friend was very nice lend you is truck! Hope you enjoy your life at your new place.

  24. whenever i had to pack up and move around that was always a challenge getting the odd buddies rounded up to help me out lol

  25. Congratulations on the move dude! You also have very nice friends, I must say.

  26. That's such a relief. Glad you made it through.

  27. Good luck man and its always good to have awesome friends :)

  28. Congratulations!!

  29. I hope you get nice neighbors! I wish you good luck ;)

  30. Hopefully you'll have a good group of neighbors and many good years spent in that house!

  31. interesting read, following :)

  32. i'll be in your situation soon man, i've got enough saved up for a down payment, i just haven't found a place i like. i'm sick of paying rent, because it's like throwing money in the trash.

  33. Good read, congrats!

  34. congrats on the own house. thats a huge achievement!

  35. congratulations man, hope the move will go out smoothly

  36. Organizing is important to rech your goal!

  37. Enjoy the house !

  38. Interesting read

  39. congrats man, wish you good luck with everything.

  40. Interesting, good luck man you can do it.

  41. Make sure to post some pictures while everything is in its place.

Leave a Reply