Samsung is now my kitchen theme

by Joe Somebody on Tuesday, March 22, 2011

So I went up to Nebraska Furniture Mart to purchase the Whirlpool dishwasher. Turns out that sell ended the day before. Talk about being upset. I then asked to see a GE model that I had compared to the Whirlpool. Turns out that one was also part of the sale. Talk about suck.

I can't drive all the way out here and not get something. So now I told the guy to just show me stainless steel dishwashers with hidden controls. Showed me serveral but all of them either did not have features I was looking for or it had a big brand badge on the front of it. Thats kind of why I like the GE models. They do not have any labels on the front of it. I took a longshot and asked if they had any Samsung models on the floor. To my surprise he said yes (Their website still does not show any Samsung models). The price was still high but it was nothing like the others. Plus I knew I had $190 USD in credit coming to me.

The Samsung had all the features I was looking for and it had a stainless steel tub to boot. It was also the quietest dishwaser I looked at (51db). I should be able to run it just before bed and not have to worry about it.

After getting home I made a realization. The dishwasher is 34" tall. My counter is just under 34". Sounds like I will need a BFH. Im going to make that thing fit no matter what. I wont care if it never comes back out. Unless it breaks, it better not break. I decided not to purchase the exteneded warranty on this one. I have 30 days to change my mind. I don't think I will.

Comments:

9 Responses to “Samsung is now my kitchen theme”

  1. oh man, good luck with that

  2. sounds like a good deal. :)

  3. At least it's not too big. That would be much worse.

  4. Hope it fits and works out!

  5. ....Nevermind. Just realized I misread that. Hopefully it won't be too costly to fix the counter.

  6. A little work to fit it in, but sounds worth it.

  7. ha! sounds sweeet!

  8. hope we get some pics when its done

  9. very nice, well done.

Leave a Reply